Re: Strange error in NetworkManager 0.8.2

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Robert Gabriel
<robert linux-source org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 22:41, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 20:21 +0100, Robert Gabriel wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>  Im getting the below errors once in a while, mostly when shutting
>>> down the system or NetworkManager:
>>
>> This is suppressed in git and should be part of NM 0.8.4.  It's because
>> an applet shut down earlier than NM did.  The message is harmless, but
>> annoying.
>>
>> Dan
>
> But it's normal for networkmanager-applet to shutdown earlier. Is
> there a patch for this?
> If not, if I clone the current git repository for
> networkmanager-applet will it fix the issue?
> Or I actually need to pull NetworkManager?

You need this commit from NM:

commit 83e02840b5ce1cf8c122cc70918ddd57396c91db
Author: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
Date:   Tue Nov 23 22:17:21 2010 -0600

    core: suppress error message when user settings service is not active

    Don't bother trying to initialize the user settings proxy when it
    isn't even active.  Would trigger a warning to syslog if PolicyKit
    permissions changed via changes to /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/.