Re: NM disconnect after one hour with a wired network

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 12:53 +0000, Charles Cultien wrote:
> Le 11/01/2011 02:44, Dan Williams a écrit :

> >> I run this command : nothing appears before, during and after.
> > When the disconnect happens, what does 'dmesg' report at the bottom of
> > the output?
> >
> > Dan
> >

> dmesg didn't show anything.
> The only thing showed before any cut (printed only one time) is this line :
> [ 1310.768042] CE: hpet increasing min_delta_ns to 15000 nsec
>
> This can't be coming from my connection because with Windows I haven't
> such a cut (or maybe the cut but it reconnect automatically).

Can you grab /var/log/messages or /var/log/daemon.log when you note the
disconnect and paste/attach the last 100  lines or so?  It could be a
DHCP failure too.  If 'dmesg' doesn't say anything it could either be
something higher up the stack, or it could just be that your kernel was
not build with additional wifi status messages enabled.