Re: NM disconnect after one hour with a wired network

Le 11/01/2011 02:44, Dan Williams a écrit :
On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 20:36 +0000, Charles Cultien wrote:
Le 10/01/2011 16:35, Larry Finger a écrit :
On 01/09/2011 05:15 AM, Charles Cultien wrote:
Hi,
I have a very strange problem :
I'm connected with the wired network of my university and each time,
after one hour, Network Manager disconnect himself and didn't reconnect
automatically. So I have to reconnect by myself evry hour and this is
boring !

I don't know why and how change this. A dmesg didn't show anything (on
the moment it disconnect).

I'm using LInux Mint DEbian (so debian testing) with :
Linux kernel 2.6.32-5-686
GNOME 2.30.2
Network Manager 0.8.1
I'am am behind a proxy (automatically given by the script
htpp://proxyconf) and so the gnome proxy is configured.

Thank you for helping and didn't hesitate asking for trying something or
given more information.
Does the listing produced by running 'iw event -t -f' show anything at the time
of disconnect?

Larry

I run this command : nothing appears before, during and after.
When the disconnect happens, what does 'dmesg' report at the bottom of
the output?

Dan

dmesg didn't show anything.
The only thing showed before any cut (printed only one time) is this line :
[ 1310.768042] CE: hpet increasing min_delta_ns to 15000 nsec

This can't be coming from my connection because with Windows I haven't such a cut (or maybe the cut but it reconnect automatically).

Charles