Qt bindings to ModemManager and Networkmanager

Hi Dan Williams,

As we discussed during last Desktop Summit we from KDE/Solid are developing Qt bindings to MM and NM, they are almost ready:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/libmm-qt

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/libnm-qt

There are some features missing compared to libnm-glib and some things not tested (wimax, lte). For the most common connection types (wired, wifi, gsm, bluetooth, vpn) the libraries work fine.

I asked in kde-core-devel mailing list to move the libraries to kdereview for other KDE developers review the source code. One issue that has come up is the libraries names (libmm-qt.so.0.5.0 and libnm-qt-0.9.0). libmm-qt is very similar to libmm, which has nothing to do with ModemManager.

The final goal is to move libmm-qt and libnm-qt to ModemManager and NetworkManager's repositories (like we suggested during Desktop Summit). I want to know if there is any problem if I rename the libraries libQtModemManager.so.0.5.0 and libQtNetworkManager.so.0.9.0.

I also would like to know how to proceed to move the bindings to MM and NM's repositories. I would like to have write access to the repositories to fix eventual problems.

--

Lamarque V. Souza

KDE's Network Management maintainer

http://planetkde.org/pt-br