Re: NetworkManager and GPS Support

Den 04. aug. 2011 21:29, skrev Jean-Louis Dupond:
Hi

Today i've been working on implementing GPS support for my HSPA modem.
The implementing itself is not that hard, but there are some issues.

The code (its NOT complete) can be found on http://ubuntu.dupondje.be/modemmanager.diff

Now I got some question about then next steps.

To enable the GPS, you need to send "AT*E2GPSCTL=1,5,1" to /dev/ttyACM1.
After this "AT*E2GPSNPD" can be send to the device where you want the GPS messages from. This can be send to /dev/ttyACM1, but then you can't send other commands to that device anymore.

Hmm, which modem is this ? Are you sure that this code is not doing what you are trying to accomplish?

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/mbm/index.php?title=MBM#GPS_Control_.28mbm-gpsd.29

--
Marius