Re: The meaning of Enable in MM/NM world of mobile broadband?

Den 02. aug. 2011 17:58, skrev Andrew Bird (Sphere Systems):
There is one thing I noticed though after doing a few tests with NM on Ubuntu
Natty. If after first insertion of a device, the user dismisses the PIN entry
dialog without authenticating. Then he subsequently uses the nm-applet to
enable mobile broadband but it doesn't prompt again for PIN. Which means that
to see registration/sig strength/networks etc, the user must first attempt a
connection in order to get prompted for PIN and auth, or he must pull the
stick and reinsert. Which may be expected behaviour I guess, but a little
awkward.

There is also another similar issue, it seems to ask for PIN after bootup even if the PIN is saved on the connection, and then it might ask again on the actual connection. I can maybe understand the technical reasons for that, but it is annoying for the user.

--
Marius