Re: Idea - Detecting IP conflicts in NM

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 11:42 +0300, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> On 22.04.2011 11:36, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> >
> > Maybe the functionality of this daemon can be integrated into NM, or if
> > the kernel now replies to Gratuitous ARP requests, the task will be much
> > easier.
>
> follow-up for gratuitous arp replies:
>  http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?31,75057

This would be cool; we could do it after getting the IP address if we
wanted to in nm-device.c or elsewhere before we've even assigned the IP
address to the card.  Alternatively, if we wanted to keep lower latency
we could do it after we've assigned the address and said we're connected
like other OSs do and warn the user or something.  Is this a patch you'd
be willing to work on?  If so that would be great!