Re: About PPP and modem initialization

2011/4/8 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:
> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 08:45 +0200, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I'm trying to use NetworkManager in order to bring a 3G (mobile
>> broadband) connection up automatically
>> (a so called "system connection").
>> It works pretty well apart of an annoying recurring request for a PIN.
>> But this is a just a minor thing.
>>
>> What I need to do is to send a few extra AT commands to the USB modem
>> *before* the NM brings the
>> connection up and to retrieve the answers from those commands.
>> I've not been able to find where to hook to.
>
> That's done with a plugin for ModemManager for your specific modem
> hardware.  There's plugins for quite a few modems to handle their
> various quirks including initialization stuff.
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/plugins
>
> Dan

Hi Dan.
I don't understand fully the point.
Are all those plugins part of the NM distribution?
If so, where should I put my AT commands?
And where should I look for the related responses?

Anyway, I don't see my USB modem in that list. Should I make some customization?

--
Vincenzo Romano at NotOrAnd Information Technologies
Software Hardware Networking Training Support Security