NetworkManager Won't Save Passwords

I'm running Slackware64 13.1 and NetworkManager 0.8.1, have
gnome-keyring installed and started along with WM, but prior to
nm-applet.

I'm starting my fluxbox session using ck-launch-session for HAL, etc.

I've done plenty of Googling and one solution people suggested was
making sure gnome-keyring-daemon was running before starting
nm-applet, which I've done, but it didn't help.

I'm stuck at this point.  Any points/suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you so much in advance.