debugging networkmanager

Hi,

would it be possible to write networkmanager / modemmanager debug output to syslog based on a configuration option?

We are currently in rollout of a big number of Linux systems. Our support team gets more and more reports of problems in mobile environment. Users are not able to get their 3g based connection working and so on.

Therefore I would like to enable debug on a wide number of machines in the field. One possibillity is to modify the upstart script for networkmanager but I think it would be a good idea to have a generic debug mechanism based on a
config option.

What do you think?