wireless connection tray icon

Hello everybody!

I have a little problem with my wireless connection tray icon: the connection works perfectly and fastly, but the tray icon always appears with a red exclamation mark ( ! ), instead of monitoring signal power. What does it mean? Is it a bug or is there a way to fix it?

I'm using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04, kernel version 2.6.32-25-generic, network device Wi-Fi 802.11b/g. It's a Compaq Mini 700EL.
Any idea?
Thanks

AndreA

« In attesa di sapere cosa sia, abbiamo la democrazia » (R. Vecchioni)