Re: GSM modem via Bluetooth?

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 15:33 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>> I have Nokia E51 and am using KDE with bluedevil; Modemmanager 0.4 and
>> NM 0.8.2-rc1. I can browse phone and transfer files, but modemmanager
>> does not display any available device when BT is activated. Is it
>> supposed to work at all and if yes, what is requires to get it
>> working? Pointers to documentation is appreciated. Thank you!
>
> Getting this working first requires adding a "connection" for the
> device, since we can't scan for it.  Once the connection is added and
> known to NM, it'll show up in the menu and you can choose it.  While it
> doesn't help you immediately with bluedevil, this is how we did the
> gnome side of things:
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2009/07/10/unwire-with-networkmanager/

Yes, I know this but it does not really help to make it running using
"Bordmittel".

OK, I have phone that exports DUN:

{pts/1}% sdptool search DUN
Inquiring ...
Searching for DUN on 00:24:03:BE:1A:29 ...
Service Name: Dial-Up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x100c5
Service Class ID List:
  "Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 4
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x454e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
  "Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
    Version: 0x0100

As I understand, I need serial port that is used by ModemManager. I
now create serial port for the phone:

{pts/0}% sudo rfcomm bind 00:24:03:BE:1A:29 4
{pts/0}% ll /dev/rfcomm0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 216, 0 Ноя 20 23:22 /dev/rfcomm0

But this port is ignored by ModemManager:

{pts/0}% dbus-send --print-reply --system
--dest=org.freedesktop.ModemManager /org/freedesktop/ModemManager
org.freedesktop.ModemManager.EnumerateDevices
method return sender=:1.10 -> dest=:1.315 reply_serial=2
   array [
   ]

So what is missing in this case? Thank you!