Re: 0.8.2: nm-connection-edit does not ask for authorization on system connections

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 10:49 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>> Trying to use nm-connection-editor under KDE (it is SVN snapshot
>> 4.5.76) to edit system connection results only in "Insufficient
>> privileges". I am not asked for authentication.
>
> Seems like a breakdown with PolicyKit stuff.  Do you have a PolicyKit
> agent for KDE installed, or do you have the Gtk PolicyKit agent
> installed at all?

Honestly? No idea. I lost track of all these changes in names long ago.

.. digging web, trying to find information about KDE ...

Right, I had old version that no more worked in KDE 4.6 ... found new
and shiny KDE GIT with new and shiny polkit-kde-1 that works. Why they
make it so hard? :)