Re: 0.8.2: nm-connection-edit does not ask for authorization on system connections

On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 10:49 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> Trying to use nm-connection-editor under KDE (it is SVN snapshot
> 4.5.76) to edit system connection results only in "Insufficient
> privileges". I am not asked for authentication.

Seems like a breakdown with PolicyKit stuff.  Do you have a PolicyKit
agent for KDE installed, or do you have the Gtk PolicyKit agent
installed at all?

Nothing in NM itself has changed here WRT permissions requests; this is
all invisible to NetworkManager and to nm-connection-editor.  The
requests to the graphical agent all happen inside PolicyKit.  One more
thing to check though is what the default permissions for PolicyKit are
for the Modify permission.  You could run this example:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/python/add-system-connection.py

and see what it prints out.

Dan