Re: vpnc plugin

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver greg gmail com> wrote:
> I've was using NM/vpnc quite a bit a while back...  I always had
> specific routes based on the client networks I need to reach, which
> worked well since they are all cisco based and 90% do not have split
> horizon enabled.
>
> I just took a new job and am once again required to vpn into numerous
> clients sites, but I no longer can *see* the gateway since the
> changeover to tun..  Without the gateway IP, the nm configuration gui
> will not let me add routes.  Is there a workaround or something to let
> me specify tun0 rather than an IP address for the gateway?
>
> I do not mind editing files or something, but there are some vpns that
> have numerous concentrators that are RR'ed, etc, so using a static IP
> for the gateway is kind of pointless anyhow.
>
> It has been so long since I have used all of this, I cannot even find
> the config files for the VPNs - I could have sworn they used to be
> right by my 802.11 configs from nm-applet, but they are not there..  I
> cannot find them in gconf either!  I must be lost.

Well, I found the config files in gconf finally.  I forgot they were
"mixed" in with non-vpn connections.  The IPs are all stored in
decimal though..  Does anyone know if it is possible to change, and if
so what type of string do I need to set the entry to to point the
gateway to tun0?

<li type="int" value="2565386"/>
        <li type="int" value="24"/>
        <li type="int" value="16949258"/>

to:

<li type="int" value="2565386"/>
<li type="int" value="24"/>
<li type="(string|char|???)" value="tun0"/>

I cannot seem to get the combination right (if it will work at all)

Thanks!