vpnc plugin

I've was using NM/vpnc quite a bit a while back...  I always had
specific routes based on the client networks I need to reach, which
worked well since they are all cisco based and 90% do not have split
horizon enabled.

I just took a new job and am once again required to vpn into numerous
clients sites, but I no longer can *see* the gateway since the
changeover to tun..  Without the gateway IP, the nm configuration gui
will not let me add routes.  Is there a workaround or something to let
me specify tun0 rather than an IP address for the gateway?

I do not mind editing files or something, but there are some vpns that
have numerous concentrators that are RR'ed, etc, so using a static IP
for the gateway is kind of pointless anyhow.

It has been so long since I have used all of this, I cannot even find
the config files for the VPNs - I could have sworn they used to be
right by my 802.11 configs from nm-applet, but they are not there..  I
cannot find them in gconf either!  I must be lost.

Anyone know of a workaround for this where I can just add a route like so:

route add -net 10.37.250.0/23 gw tun0

either from the gui, or like I said even the config file for the
connection so it is applied when the connection goes live?

Thanks

-Greg