Use of dhclient.d scripts with NetworkManager

When dhclient is invoked from NetworkManager, it does not appear that the
scripts in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d are executed.  The callout to those
scripts is in /sbin/dhclient-script, but NetworkManager substitutes its
own /usr/libexec/nm-dhcp-client.action in place of dhclient-script, and
the scripts do not get invoked.

How are the functions in the dhclient.d scripts supposed to be preformed
now?  In particular, I need the setting for the NTP server that is done
in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d/ntp.sh .

                Do NOT delete it.