Reboot for password to work

I'm on Ubunut 9.10 / network-manager-gnome - 0.8~a~git.20091014t134532.4033e62-0ubuntu1
Thinkpad T60  - 03:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5418 802.11abgn Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)

I use wireless at one location where the WPA password changes weekly.   What happens is I boot the laptop then login and then nm-applet spins for a while then asks for the password.  I enter the password and the process repeats.  I can repeat that process a number of times but it never connects.

Then I reboot and it connects fine with the new password (that I entered before rebooting).  That is, it reboots and connects w/o asking for the password.

Anyone experience something like this?  It's odd that I have to reboot for it to work. But, I'm also wondering why it takes so long before it determines that the password it is attempting in the first place is incorrect.  It's a pretty long wait.

My syslog is pretty noisy.  Here it is from when I booted today.  http://hank.org/syslog.txt  I'm connecting to the "Rooz" airport.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley