Re: "/etc/init.d/NetworkManager quit" ?

Graham Lyon a écrit :
> The point you're missing here is that network manager solves a very real
> problem with links going down after boot time and not automatically
> coming back up when they're available again (Read as: laptop users). A
> daemon was necessary to fix this and nothing like it had been done
> before. The design, therefore, is not perfect and so regressions are
> inevitable. This does not mean, however, the the init scripts were
> better - they just had 15 years or so to mature ;)

I fully second that.

On the one hand I hate it when NM is breaking good old features
(sometimes gratuitously). On the other hand the energy with which NM
tries to automagically keep you on-line at all times is truly impressive
and something that was very badly missing from the Linux desktop.

I will keep constantly looking for the single and ideal tool that
combines the best of the "old" and "new" worlds. Even if it does not end
up being NM, at least it showed some skill.

Cheers,

Marc