WiFi and PPP support

Hello,
I am trying to configure a network connection with Ubuntu 9.10 through my DSL modem, which is connected to my laptop through ethernet or wifi (I can estabilish a connection to my home wlan).
I managed to establish a connection to the Internet with a DSL connection I created with NetworkManager, but it only works if I attach the ethernet cable, thus not through WiFi.
After some web-searching I ended up here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2008-November/msg00218.html
were I read that NetworkManager at the time of that post was not supporting PPP over Wifi.
I therefore tried pppoeconf, and it worked (!) until I rebooted: pppoeconf messed up NetworkManager, so I could not connect to my WLAN.

My questions:
-Is the 'PPP over Wifi' feature scheduled in a next release or under development?
-Does somebody know a way to configure pppoeconf which allows ppp over wifi without messing up NetworkManager?

Thank you very much for this project. I am using GNU/Linux since RedHat 8 and NetworkManager has been one of the best additions in all these years.
Marco