Re: migrating configurations of nm-applet

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 19:51 -0400, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> On 06/25/2010 05:38 PM, I wrote:
> > On 06/25/2010 11:44 AM, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have a new laptop , and I would like migrate all my configurations and
> >> vpns , where this information is saved ?.
> <snip>
> > What distro are you using?
>
> I can answer my own question by looking in the archives. :) Sorry for
> that noise.

don't worry , yes I am using Fedora 13 .

> Assuming you're still using Fedora, I think settings for system-wide
> connections managed by network-manager are stored in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, specifically in the ifcfg-* files.

No, all nm-applet configurations are set with local user, so can't write
on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and therefore can't be there.
> (Though I might be missing some details. I'm a Fedora novice. :)
>
> HTH!

May Help know how backup and restore gconf. I had to try  it ...

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.