Re: NM + DUN on Fedora-12?

On Thu, June 24, 2010 2:06 pm, Dan Williams wrote:

>> Could Sprint have done something to prevent PDAnet from broadcasting
>> DUN?
>
> Maybe.  Does DUN setup work on Windows or a Mac if you have access to
> one?  If it does, then we've got a Linux problem.  If not, we have an
> Evo/PDAnet problem.

Dont have a windows box to test on.  Haven't been able to test on my
fiancée's mac.  I'll see if I can.

> There is the built-in wifi hotspot functionality, but you have to add
> the tethering option onto your plan to make it work with 3G.

Right.  I'm not paying $30/mo in order to use my phone as a modem once
every couple months.

>> Well, I'm interesting in getting DUN (or some other tethering) working
>> on
>> my Evo...  I'm a little upset that the Interwebs reported that USB
>> tethering would work, but it doesn't..  And that PDAnet would work, but
>> it
>> doesn't.
>
> Does PDAnet have anything to say about the evo?  I'd expect they are
> getting a *lot* of questions if it doesn't work.

I dont know.  I sent them a help request yesterday and haven't heard back.

>> But if I can't even get PDAnet to work...  I don't know what I can do.
>
> Wait for HTC to release Froyo for it I guess...

Or root the device and add the Wireless Tether app.  ;)  Which works
great, by the way (not that I would ever done this to my phone, no-sir-ee)

> Dan

-derek