Re: Fedora 13, Qualcomm Gobi 2000, Networkmanager does not show connection status

On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 15:23 +0200, Stefan Grosse wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.06.2010, 09:22 -0700 schrieb Dan Williams:
>
> > So you're out of luck until (a) Qualcomm decides to be more
> > Linux-friendly, or (b) somebody reverse-engineers the Gobi protocols.
> > More information about this can be found here:
>
> Thanks for the information! Incredible that some companies are still so
> open source unfriendly. And it is a shame that they then list Linux as
> supported OS in the product sheet....
>
> Not that I think it would help much, but do you have an adress where I
> could send some complaint?

Not really, I'd expect it would be to Qualcomm's Linux Technology center
or whatever they call it.

Qualcomm *did* just release some more code that completes the driver
they previously released, but we still need to reverse-engineer some of
the rest of the QMI protocol to get things like access technology, band
preference, etc.

And the driver needs to be cleaned up for upstream.