Re: modem-manager fails on Gobi 2000 UMTS card in a Thinkpad W510, error in AT+CMEE

Waldemar and Dan, thanks for your hints.
You're right, I loaded the wrong firmware, now lib/firmware/gobi
contains (with md5sum):
84d002b0ef003cde6c95826bfbf067fe  amss.mbn
d7496085f1af3d1bfdf0fa60c3222766  apps.mbn
1aa5727b034dd1f371a3412d5800c1a3  UQCN.mbn

When looking at the unpacked windows drivers, these files reside in the
original directories:
./Images/Lenovo/UMTS/apps.mbn
./Images/Lenovo/UMTS/amss.mbn
./Images/Lenovo/6/UQCN.mbn

I tried "6" because of http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Qualcomm_Gobi_2000
and http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Qualcomm_Gobi_2000

@Waldemar: I'm using a pretty recent mainline kernel that should have
included the patch you mentioned.

With this fireware loaded, network manager comes up with asking for the
PIN but fails to establish a connection afterwards, the modem-manager
debug output is available at http://pastebin.com/fTgVkf5L, PIN data has
been replaced by XXXX for privacy reasons. In l. 88 an error is returned
upon AT+CFUN=1. What does that mean?

Is there an AT command reference available for this device?

Thanks once more,
Stefan