Re: Source for nmcli

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:48 +0200, Ralph Aichinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am a Debian user and want to control NM from the command line.
> Unfortunately cnetworkmanager seems to have no features to deal
> with wireless broadband (UMTS).
>
> Where can I get the sources for nmcli, the CLI that seems to be
> supplied with recent versions of RedHat/Fedora? Will I run into
> troubles when compiling this on Debian? Or does anybody know
> about packages for nmcli for Debian unstable?

nmcli sources live in NetworkManager git alongside NM itself:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/cli

So you can get them if you check NM out.  At the moment they don't build
well standalone, but you can ./configure the NM sources and then just

cd cli
make

and you'll come out with cli/src/nmcli or cli/src/.libs/nmcli which
shoudl be more or less usable with recent versions of NM.