Re: Question about Network Manager on FreeBSD

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 20:32 -0300, Jesse Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've really been enjoying using Network Manager on my Linux machine and
> I'd like to be able to use NM on my FreeBSD machine too. Will Network
> Manager compile and run on BSD? Is there any work in progress to add
> Network Manager to the FreeBSD Ports system?

No, there isn't any effort going towards this at this time.  While a lot
of NM is actually agnostic, there are critical parts that are tied to
Linux infrastructure like udev and netlink.  There have been discussions
in the past at making those parts more generic, but there haven't yet
been any useful libraries that make these operations generic across
platforms.