Re: IP4Config and routes

On 12/18/2009 03:14 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 14:22 -0800, Dan Williams wrote:
What would you expect the routing table to look like in your case?  I
suppose we could do a default route for link-local.  Not sure if that
will confuse apps that expect a default route to mean an internet
connection though.

I would expect the subnet route, as NM is creating already:
	dest=169.254.0.0
	gateway=0.0.0.0
	genmask=255.255.0.0

I would also like the routing table to either include a default route:
	dest=0.0.0
	gateway=0.0.0.0
	genmask=0.0.0.0

or a multicast one:
	dest=224.0.0.0
	gateway=0.0.0.0
	genmask=240.0.0.0

The routing table that NM is setting up now is reasonable, in my
opinion, but there should be some way of customizing the behaviour in
the settings object.

Daniel

Hi,

what is the status on this one? Was there a conclusion on whether NM should set a default route for link local?

Thanks,
   Simon