Re: Problem to add a broadband connection on NetworkManagerUserSettings

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 10:15 -0200, Maxwell Chiareli Xandeco wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I tried with SystemSettings before use UserSettings and really works,
> but when you create a connection with "SystemSettings", it's marked as
> "Available for all users", and when you use this kind of connection,
> you just can use once, the second time crashes the system, there is a

That's a bug then; I fixed one specific bug with nm-connection-editor
caused by an older version of the polkit-gnome packages.  We'd need more
logs, pointers to logs, stacktraces, or Launchpad links to figure that
out.  It's probably a bug, and we need to figure out more details before
we can fix it.

> lot of issues opened on launchpad about it, because of that I need to
> use UserSettings.

That's somewhat unfortunate, because for a variety of security reasons
programs themselves are not allowed to change network information via
the D-Bus interface.  You can however use GConf (see gconftool-2
--import) to do this if you really need to.

Dan