Re: dhcp client support broken on karmic with latest NM build

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:30 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> On Thursday 25 of February 2010 22:53:59 Dan Williams wrote:
> > 3) Set the 'dhcp' property in the [main] section of
> > nm-system-settings.conf to either "dhclient" or "dhcpcd"
> >

> I must be completely stupid but I cannot find it in current sources
> (upstream GIT, tree corresponds to 0.8 tag). Is it in some distro-
> specific patches?

It goes like this:

Build time: by default configure checks for both dhclient and dhcpcd on
the build system.  If any exist, they are enabled.  If you don't want to
hard-dep during build time you can configure with
--with-dhclient=/path/to/dhclient and --with-dhcpcd=/path/to/dhcpcd.

Runtime: the runtime client choice is by default dhclient (see
src/NetworkManager.c) unless overriden.  That should probably be fixed
such that if dhclient does not exist, but dhcpcd's path is valid,
default to dhcpcd.