Re: dhcp client support broken on karmic with latest NM build

On Saturday 27 of February 2010 02:23:10 Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:30 +0300, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 of February 2010 22:53:59 Dan Williams wrote:
> > > 3) Set the 'dhcp' property in the [main] section of
> > > nm-system-settings.conf to either "dhclient" or "dhcpcd"
> >
> > I must be completely stupid but I cannot find it in current sources
> > (upstream GIT, tree corresponds to 0.8 tag). Is it in some distro-
> > specific patches?
>
> It goes like this:

I am sorry if I was unclear. I understand how it *should* work. But I
just do not see how it can possibly do it without extra patches:

{pts/0}% git show 0.8:src/dhcp-manager/Makefile.am
libdhcp_manager_la_SOURCES = \
        nm-dhcp-manager.c \
        nm-dhcp-manager.h \
        nm-dhcp- DHCP_CLIENT@.c

So there no way for NM to include both dhclient and dhcpd.

Oh, and there are no options --with-dhclient or --with-dhcpd at all -
there is only option --with-dhcp-client=[dhclient|dhcpd]

So still the same question - is it some distro-specific patch?

Thank you!