Re: dhcp client support broken on karmic with latest NM build

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 14:15 +0100, Torsten Spindler wrote:
> Hello Alessandro,
>
> the latest network-manager needs dhclient version 4, Ubuntu only ships
> version 3. I tried to compile network-manager with the options
> --with-dhclient=no --with-dhcpcd=yes
> but it still seems to want to use dhclient. As a test I packaged

Those options no longer have an effect, support for *both* is included
at runtime and switchable via configuration.  You have three options:

1) Set IPv6 to "ignore" for that connection, at which point DHCPv6 won't
run if the RA told NM to do so
2) Get dhclient v4, which has been out for years
3) Set the 'dhcp' property in the [main] section of
nm-system-settings.conf to either "dhclient" or "dhcpcd"

Note that with dhcpcd you won't be able to do DHCPv6 either since I
don't think it supports that.

Dan