Re: NM can't save password of VPN connection in system scope

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 08:45 +0800, cee1 wrote:
>         For system settings, all necessary passwords are required to
>         exist
>         already in system scope, because system settings are available
>         before
>         login, and of course if the user isn't there to type them in,
>         the
>         connection is not usable.  Thus I'd expect that for a system
>         connection,
>         the passwords should be already defined...
>
> Then nm-connection-editor should support saving passwords of vpn
> connections in system scope. Since:
>      1. Otherwise no (GUI) way to save passwords in  system scope.
>      2. Otherwise the "Available to all users" check box doesn't work
>         when editing a VPN connection.

The connection editor should support this as long as a system settings
plugin is enabled that supports writing out VPN connections.  At the
moment the only plugin that does support this is the 'keyfile' plugin.
Look in /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf to see if it's
enabled.