Additional IPv6 address

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I did only a cursory search,
and did not find the answer...

I am running stock karmic/gnome,
network-manager: 0.8~a~git.20091013t193206.679d548-0ubuntu1

My router has /56 IPv6 prefix assigned, and radvd running. If "IPv6
Settings" for the Ethernet connection on the karmic machine are set to
"Ignore", I get automatically allocated v6 address on the interface,
based on prefix and MAC, and v4 address got by DHCP. Now, I want to add
another IPv6 address to the interface, not based on MAC. If I do it with
'ifconfig', it works. So far, everything is all right.

Now, I try to add that additional address via networkmanager applet.
When I select "Method: Manual" and add the address, first of all, it is
not always saved! Next time I run the applet, it may or may not be
there. Second, when I hit "Apply", the connection instantly goes down,
and may or may not come up again. Then, even if it did come up, it comes
down after some time (that means, both v4 and v6 are down).

Is it a known problem or an error on my side? If not, I will collect
more information for debugging.

Thanks,

Eugene