Re: Disconnected state reject my connection request

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 13:01:29 Maxime Boure wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I use network manager 7.2 on a board with no x server and have problems
> using the ActivateConnection dbus call.
>
> I use the script of this web site : http://mementolinux.wordpress.com/
>
> Seemed pretty good. When I plug my GSm dongle it connects fine I try to
> deactivate the connection it seems to work but it reconnects directly after
> (in a way I don't care I want to be connected). And when I am in this state
>
> : (nm-tool print)
>
> *NetworkManager Tool
>
> State: disconnected
>

> ** (process:1461): WARNING **: error: failed to read connections from
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings:
>     The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings was not provided by
> any .service files

This is just warning saying that user settings provider (nm-applet) is not
running. Should not cause problems.

> ** (process:1461): WARNING **: <WARN>  get_one_connection(): error: invalid
> connection: 'NMSettingIP4Config' / 'method' invalid: 1

This warning says that a connection you have configured is not correct, try to
check the method of IPv4 setting (auto, manual, etc.).

> - Device: ttyUSB0
>   Type:              Mobile Broadband (GSM)
>   Driver:            option
>   State:             disconnected
>   Default:           no
>
>   Capabilities:*
>

> It rejects me "Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected: Connection
>  was disconnected before a reply was received"

I got this when trying to deactivate not active connection, because
active_connection_path was empty.
So the command look like this:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.DeactivateConnection objpath:

, which is not correct.
Run the script with 'bash -x <the_script>' to see issued commands.

> I mean I know it is disconnected that why I want to connect it !
>
> Any idea ? I haven't found any dbus command to change this disconnected
> state.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Jirka