Re: how to find out why networkmanager does not connect any longer?

2010/2/2 Rolf Schumacher <mailinglist august de>:
> upgraded to debian sid 2.6.32-7
> kde 4.3.4
> network-manager 0.7.999
>
> What I did:
> I installed the package network-manager-kde, that is based on
> network-manager.
> I installed it on 2.6.32-6 and was happy:
> I could choose from wlan ssid's surrounding me.
> I could enter my 3G details and connected to two different umts networks
> via two different chips: Huawei E160 and Ericsson F3507g.
>
> Than, I upgraded to the newer kernel (and maybe some other newer libs).
>
> What I got:
>
> Now, I'm no longer able to connect to a ssid. If I click on an ssid the
> KNetworkManager dialog closes without any message, but no connetion is
> done (in the past there was a rotating gear till connection).

Did you certified that the new kernel recognizes your wifi adapter?

> Also the ttyasp interface is not shown any longer in favor of usb0. And
> it constantly displays "no carrier" below it where my umts supplier used
> to get displayed.

My Sony MD300 modem also turned from "ttyACM" to "usb". But it works
well, except that in the change, it stopped configuring default route.
Had do edit the connection file by hand to fix it. But I blame it on
the KDE NM applet, not in NM at all.