Re: No user settings service available

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Przemo Firszt <przemo firszt eu> wrote:
> I removed all settings form /etc/NetworkManager and recompiled nm. One
> of these two helped and now 0.8.2 works fine

That's probably because you had the old nm-system-settings.conf laying
around in your /etc/NetworkManager folder and 0.8.2 makes use of
NetworkManager.conf instead.  Removing that file, fixes the
NetworkManager daemon when it comes to wired connections.  However,
attempting to connect to any wireless or VPN via the applet, fails
here.  I'm getting the following while trying to connect to a vpn:

** (nm-applet:1168): WARNING **: <WARN>  activate_vpn_cb(): VPN
Connection activation failed:
(org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.PermissionDenied) No user settings
service available

And the following when I attempt to connect to a wireless AP:
** (nm-applet:1168): WARNING **: <WARN>  activate_connection_cb():
Connection activation failed: No user settings service available

--
Alex Lysenka
B.S. in Computer Science