Re: No user settings service available

Dnia 2010-12-18, sob o godzinie 14:17 -0600, alkos333 pisze:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Przemo Firszt <przemo firszt eu> wrote:
> > I removed all settings form /etc/NetworkManager and recompiled nm. One
> > of these two helped and now 0.8.2 works fine
>
> That's probably because you had the old nm-system-settings.conf laying
> around in your /etc/NetworkManager folder and 0.8.2 makes use of
> NetworkManager.conf instead.  Removing that file, fixes the
> NetworkManager daemon when it comes to wired connections.  However,
> attempting to connect to any wireless or VPN via the applet, fails
> here.  I'm getting the following while trying to connect to a vpn:
>
> ** (nm-applet:1168): WARNING **: <WARN>  activate_vpn_cb(): VPN
> Connection activation failed:
> (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.PermissionDenied) No user settings
> service available
>

> And the following when I attempt to connect to a wireless AP:
> ** (nm-applet:1168): WARNING **: <WARN>  activate_connection_cb():
> Connection activation failed: No user settings service available

The problem is back:
[przemo pldmachine ~]$ nm-applet
** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area

** (nm-applet:3424): WARNING **: <WARN>  activate_connection_cb():
Connection activation failed: No user settings service available

Running nm-applet from sudo is a quick workaround. The applet works OK -
shows wifi networks, but I can't connect to mine wifi.
--
Przemo Firszt <przemo firszt eu>