start modem with networkmanager 0.8.0

Hi

I am using networkmanager 0.8.0 to start NetworkManager. I see wifi started. However, I didn't find a way to start a cdma modem. By the way, I didn't run modem-manager independently. I assume NetworkManager handles all modem starts, get connection or disconnection issue because I saw there is a folder under 'src' called 'modem-manager'.

Here is my several questions:

1. NetworkManager called "nm_modem_manager_init"  at the very beginning, and then this function checked "nm_dbus_manager_name_has_owner" and then fails because of no owner name, and then "modem_manager_disappeared", any reasons this happens?

2. nm_udev_manager_query_devices doesn't find modem device, which is under .../serialxxxx directory for ttyUSB0-ttyUSB3. It only finds wifi and a usb0 device which is not for modem.

Will nm_udev_manager_query_devices() query all devices in the whole system? or it just query the devices under certain folders or certain device names?

3. If I want to connect modem dynamically through dbus message instead of through graphics UI, what should I do?

4. I saw in the website that we should put "org.freedesktop.ModemManager.service" under /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services folder, but this "org.freedesktop.ModemManager.service" will exc: modem-manager. Do we really need to run modem-manager to make the modem works? Can NetworkManager(8.0) itslef takes care of all modem related tasks?

thanks

Xiaohong