Making a hotspot out of your computer

In case you have not seen my posts on planet GNOME I thought I share
them here. Some people made technical comments with hints on how to
implement full hotspot functionality in nm.

Basically I stumbled over a tool called Connectify which makes a real portable hotspot out of your
laptop such that you can share your internet connection and was under
the impression that this did not exist in NM. I was pointed out that
it exists. Only that it is more limited. You can only setup an adhoc
network and not a full hotspot and you cannot share your wireless
internet connection in case you just have one wifi card.

I think having this full hotspot functionality in NM would be a really
nifty feature.