Re: NEWS entries / Announcement mails

>>> On 08/08/2010 at 4:50 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> Release announcement sent, bad Dan for the lag.  These days most
> changelogs are redundant given great git history and web interfaces to
> git.  Almost nobody updates them anymore.  What's usually missing is a
> good overview of the changes that's lighter than the git history but
> hits the hilights.

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much!
I agree: ChageLog are a waste of time and I would not dream about getting this info. Not just for fun many projects implement Commit Hooks to
transfer the git message to ChangeLog... still rather useless but well.

That's why I asked for the NEWS file which should only contains the most important changes fixes, and not an entry for every commit. Just something
as you did now is perfect and helps us to identify importances and, more importantly, if a feature of fix somebody is awaiting should be addressed
with specific new tarball.

> For the VPN plugins... all of them got updated translations, and
> additionally:
>
> - vpnc: added the "Force NAT-T" option
> - openvpn: support for tun-mtu, fragment, and mss-fix options, PKCS#12
> and PKCS#8 private keys, RIPEMD-160 HMAC auth, and better handling of
> unencrypted private keys
> - pptp: fix for MPPE and auth method GUI jitter and suppression of some
> annoying PPTP warning messages
> - openconnect: support proxy, 'key-from-fsid' settings, and Cisco Secure
> Desktop thingy

THANK YOU!

And keep up the good work,
Dominique