Re: Using NetworkMananger with Sony Ericsson K770i via USB (ttyACM0)

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 14:22 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> So the only other things I can think of:
>
> 1) try using ppp 2.4.5 which has some fixes for various mobile broadband
> issues
>
> 2) are you sure you're using the right APN?  The PPP termination is
> either from the phone or the network-side from the look of things.

I finally solved it.

It turns out that I really needed do was to add "**4#" to the "*99"
string in the number textbox in the Mobile Broadband dialog box, and it
all worked, even with all compression boxes ticked.

Thanks for all your help!

As an aside, I, too found it really difficult get to grips with Network
Mananger's dependency on HAL, you were right, it is far too hard to get
it to work with just libudev and udevd.
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

One very high maintenance cat living here.