Setting static ip base on NetworkManager

Dear,

could someone teach me how i can set static ip base on NM.

(gateway , DNS etc......)

Now, if i don't use nm-applet to control NM.

what can i do?

i study NM DBus doc. But it doesn't define any Wifi or Wire staic ip.

And study nm-applet source. (connection-editor folder)

i don't know how i can start modify it & inclued my code.

(another thing : remove GTK ui & dia.)

because i will not use nm-applet ui.

maybe just let user input command like this:

MYAPPLET eth0 ip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx gatway:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

or call my DBus :

dbus-send xxxxxxx

And it will set static ip into eth0.

Or NM has another case that can set static?

Like /etc/interfaces

     /etc/init.d/networking restart

thanks great help.

Edward