Re: Error searching on specific ssid

On Tuesday 27 of April 2010 12:12:19 Bjorge Solli wrote:
> I have a problem on a radius enabled eduroam [1] network. I want to
> track the problem and would like to know how to replicate what NM is
> doing, but doing it myself on the command line. It uses these settings,
> and need wpa_supplicant to be installed:
>
> WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
> Protected EAP
> No CA, Ignore warning
> MSCHAPv2
> username+pwd
>
> I would like to use wpa_supplicant or similar with logging enabled.
>
> Any hints?
>
> [1] http://www.eduroam.org/

You can follow instructions in section "Debugging WiFi Connections" on
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging

NM starts wpa_supplicant via D-Bus according to service file
/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.service
Here you can add debugging (or any other options) for wpa_supplicant.
Then look into /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log (or /var/log/syslog).

Jirka