Error searching on specific ssid

I have a problem on a radius enabled eduroam [1] network. I want to
track the problem and would like to know how to replicate what NM is
doing, but doing it myself on the command line. It uses these settings,
and need wpa_supplicant to be installed:

WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
Protected EAP
No CA, Ignore warning
MSCHAPv2
username+pwd

I would like to use wpa_supplicant or similar with logging enabled.

Any hints?

[1] http://www.eduroam.org/

--
Regards/Mvh, Bjørge Solli
Staff engineer/Overingeniør at Uni. Bergen, IT, Infrastruktur, Unix