Re: NM 0.8 can't connect to PEAP

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 13:13 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:23 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> > > Interesting, I'll check that out, thanks.

> > > And that one too.  Is it the case that the cert file gets clear only
> > > when the connection fails and you are asked for a password?
> >
> > Yes, and in fact, only after rebooting (restarting NM or nm-applet,
> > maybe?), AFAICT.  I had the connection fail on its own (probably due to
> > a WAP reset or some such) and the password dialect popped up with the
> > cert file listed.  I'm pretty sure pressing Connect reconnected with no
> > other changes.
> >
> > > And that
> > > the certificate is not correctly filled into the file chooser when the
> > > password window comes up?
> >
> > Yes, after reboot.  The field is blank.
>
> I found and fixed the continuous asking for the password even when
> "Always ask" wasn't checked.

That's not in NM-0.8.0-4.git20100325.fc12 I suppose.  I'll look forward
to testing the next update in F12 updates-testing.

Thanks!

> I could not reproduce the missing CA
> certificate issue though.

One thing that occurred to me: I'm using a pem cert.  It used to be that
you needed a der cert, and the problem doesn't seem to occur in an RHEL5
installation I set up today (although it needed the der).  I can't
recall what version of NM that was.  I will check tomorrow if using the
der gives a different result.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences