Re: NM 0.8 can't connect to PEAP

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 19:34 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 13:13 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> > I could not reproduce the missing CA
> > certificate issue though.
>
> One thing that occurred to me: I'm using a pem cert.  It used to be that
> you needed a der cert, and the problem doesn't seem to occur in an RHEL5
> installation I set up today (although it needed the der).  I can't
> recall what version of NM that was.  I will check tomorrow if using the
> der gives a different result.

Using der doesn't seem to affect the problem.  Here's another symptom (I
think):

      * Establish the connection and select the certificate.
      * Right-click and select Edit Connections
      * Select the Wireless tab, the connection, and the Wireless
        Security tab.
      * Note that the CA Certificate field says "(None)".
      * Select the certificate.
      * Click Apply.
      * Close the connection editor.
      * Open the connection editor and the current connection security
        tab.
      * Note that the CA Certificate field says "(None)".

The rest of the connection info is:

      * WPA2 Enterprise
      * PEAP
      * No anonymous identity
      * PEAP version 0 (or automatic)
      * Inner authentication MSCHAPv2
      * Username and password fields filled in
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu