Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: about ppp0 and Networkmanager

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 09:54 +0800, tommy.hong wrote:
> hi,dan!thank for your reply!
>
> I have found what's wrong with my evdo card!
> Because i use /dev/ttyUSB1 (modem port),evdo card's engineer say there
> is something wrong with it for H/W,they are looking for the bug!
>
> I use other one(China,TDSCDMA,datang company produce),it is ok when
> reconnect !

I think it's probably the right thing to do to hang up explicitly anyway
though; otherwise quitting NM might leave the card in data-enabled
state, even though no packets are getting transferred because PPP is
down.  (note this isn't a problem with 0.8 and modem-manager...)

BTW, is the AT interface for TD-SCDMA any different than for normal
GSM/UMTS cards?  Are there PDF specifications for the AT commands you
could point me to?   Could you grab the output of "AT+CLAC" for me on
your TD-SCDMA card?

Thanks!
Dan