Re: Re:Re: about ppp0 and Networkmanager

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 23:41 +0800, tommy.hong wrote:
> hi,dan!i have tested nm0.7.1 in my ARM11 board,use usbserial driver,it
> can
> probe 3g modem and can connect 3G network successfully!
> But it connect successfully the first time ,init modem timeout the
> next time ,unless reinsert 3g wirless card and intilialize !
> I have found that it caused by havn't ATH before reconnect!

Could be the case, yeah.  So to fix that, we want to pass the reason
code to nm_device_deactivate_quickly() from nm_device_deactivate() and
let the subclasses handle it appropriately.  We do this so that we can
distinguish between a manual disconnection, and an unplug.  On unplug,
we can't try to talk to the modem because it's not there anymore.  We
can use the reason code to detect that, it will be
NM_DEVICE_STATE_REASON_REMOVED when the device was unplugged.

If it's not NM_DEVICE_STATE_REASON_REMOVED, then we can flash the device
to bring it into command mode, and issue the ATH, then continue.

Any chance you could try to create that patch?  Let me know if you have
any questions.

Dan