Re: Do we have plan to do finer grained PolicyKit support for Networkmanager?

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Tambet Ingo <tambet gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 06:16, Bin Li <libin charles gmail com> wrote:
>  To disallow users to define their own network configuration, I add a new
> permission, org.freedesktop.network-manager-settings.user.modify, then link
> to the add button, when the user have permission, he can add it, vice versa.
> I've met a problem, the user's connection save in the gconf, and the user
> can change the gconf with gconftool-2 without permission checking.
>  So are there any method to resolve this problem? And is it okay to do like
> this? Any idea?

This makes no sense. You can already lock GConf so there's no need to
do anything for user settings. Just lock the /system/networking path
in gconf and the settings can't be changed. The only thing you could
improve, is to make sure nm-applet and nm-connection-editor handle it
more gracefully, ie "gray out" the apply button etc...

Tambet,

 Thanks!

 And the lock means let the  /system/networking store in mandatory directory?