Do we have plan to do finer grained PolicyKit support for Networkmanager?

  NetworkManager currently only supports one PolicyKit privilege. That is whether a user is allowed to modify administrator defined connections or not. There is no way to disallow users to define their own network configurations.

  There's only, introduce something like so NM can determine whether it should accept user settings.

  Also we could separate the action in more grained, such as

and the same for .user .

And you may even want to specifically allow or disallow adding for specific network types like wired, wireless, VPN, etc.

You probably also want to have the ability to enable/disable wireless in general and enable/disable networking covered.

You can default all of these to the current settings, but adding these would allow more lock-down opportunities.

Any ideas?

Sincerely Yours,

Bin Li